Sunday, October 17, 2010

blog 4

     Happiness in work! Most people would say can those two words even be said in one sentence? While on the other hand, some would say they love what they do. Why is that? Well, ironically I never had a job but I think the reason for that is because those who like what they do, have found a job that suits their interest while those who dislike it have no interest in it. The reason I say that is because of the feedback I get from friends who did have jobs where they either liked or disliked them.   
     A while back I had a friend who was into skateboarding as a whole. So he applied for an apparel store where its clothing revolves around surfers and skateboarders. He told me while he isn’t having a blast working there he doesn’t hate it. The fact he doesn’t hate it is because even though he’s not skating he is doing something that revolves around his interest in skateboarding. Not everyone can find a job that they love but they can they can find a job that is close to their interest.
     Hate in work! It’s almost everywhere in America maybe even in the rest of the world. My friend who I mentioned earlier is probably the only person I know who is somewhere in the happier state in work. Most of my friends are in the unhappy state in work. One of my friends works in an office 5 hours a day. The only reason she’s even there is because her sister got her the job and she feels it’s her responsibility to stay there and help her out.  Art is actually her talent as she’s very gifted in drawing and painting. So an office is not her true calling but she keeps the job because she needs money and does not know what else she can possibly do in this tough economy.
     I think in this economy it’s very hard to be picky about jobs that make you happy. Some may be lucky to find a job that where they can use their talents or close to it. While others might not be so lucky and have to take the job because it’s the only paying job they can get in these tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment